When I telephoned the GZ info line about a month ago, the woman I spoke with sympathized with our long name check delay. She told me that they would schedule the interview for ONE WEEK after the P4.

I thought she was pulling my chain. But then again ...

maybe I've missed something in the past.. you called the GZ info line? Have many people done this? I've heard of emails to GZ and wondered why folks don't call GZ.

Yep, telephoned the GZ call center/info line. The woman I spoke with was Chinese (judging only by her accent) and she was terrifically sympathetic but ultimately unhelpful. She actually did say that GZ would schedule the interview for one week after P4. Almost choked on my Hunan green tea. :D

I think calling GZ isn't a bad idea. Actually, when it comes to certain information-such as name check status, GZ finds out before DOS does. DOS depends upon what GZ puts in the computer. And GZ is notified directly when the name check is complete. Evidently, that notification doesn't go through DOS.

When I telephoned the GZ info line about a month ago, the woman I spoke with sympathized with our long name check delay. She told me that they would schedule the interview for ONE WEEK after the P4.

I thought she was pulling my chain. But then again ...

maybe I've missed something in the past.. you called the GZ info line? Have many people done this? I've heard of emails to GZ and wondered why folks don't call GZ.

Yep, telephoned the GZ call center/info line. The woman I spoke with was Chinese (judging only by her accent) and she was terrifically sympathetic but ultimately unhelpful. She actually did say that GZ would schedule the interview for one week after P4. Almost choked on my Hunan green tea. :D

I think calling GZ isn't a bad idea. Actually, when it comes to certain information-such as name check status, GZ finds out before DOS does. DOS depends upon what GZ puts in the computer. And GZ is notified directly when the name check is complete. Evidently, that notification doesn't go through DOS.

Doesn't DOS get some notification that the name check is done? and what's the number for GUZ you used?

When I telephoned the GZ info line about a month ago.... Doesn't DOS get some notification that the name check is done? and what's the number for GUZ you used?

I got an email from GUZ that gave me a response similar to the below when I inquired as to "name check being complete and date logged in" question.

Fee for service visa center in China phone number: 4008-872-333 International: 8621-3881-4611 (86 being China and 21 being the Shanghai prefix). Also see the US consulate, GUZ website, immigrant visas and then "contact us".

The email from GUZ also lists www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx.) acw

ллJmsÃǵÄ×£¸£¡£ (1ǧ×Ö)(race2time ×òÌì23:05 ÔĶÁ 104)

ллjmsÃǵÄ×£¸£¡£ÎÒgg¸Õ²Å´òdosµç»°ÁË£¬µÄÈ·ÊÇ6.21ÈÕµÄÃæÊÔ¡£µÄÈ·ÊÇhuge surprise. ±¨¸æÒ»ÏÂÎÒcase µÄ×´¿ö£¬

k1 NSC £¬

p1 2004.11.18

p2 2005.2.8

p3 2005.4.4 ( received and forwarded back in the same day)

p4 ʱ¼ä»¹²»ÖªµÀ

interview ; 2005.6.21.

She already got her P4 today.

However, it got everyone excited but I believe she is an exception. Maybe one of the VOs wants to make a day for someone and here she goes... :D

Congrats too all those have their interview date set. Good luck on the interview !!! :greenblob: