And then she came out smiling....

Well... I think the worst is over and the best is starting.

Today at 2:20 Hong came out with a big smile on her face and a purple slip of paper in her hand... notifying her that the interview was a success and that we should register at the China Post to pick up her visa!

I was a little worried at first when she came out. I was looking for a pink paper and seeing the purple one worried me some... but then I decided "what the hell... thier copy machine might have run out of pink paper, I'll worry if there's a problem"

Moral: Stop worrying so much about the visa process glitches, stick to the basics, do your paperwork carefully, and hope for the best!

Special Thanks to Holmes & Lolly our attorney's for the good advice, timely inspection, and reasonable fee's. They can be found at www.fiancevisa.com and I highly recommend them.

Hong was well prepared for the interview with a handful of letters, handle of pictures, the required proof of support, and other required documents. I spent the week before the interview with her and we spent a lot of time talking and getting to really know each other again. This way at the interview she was able to speak from the heart which she did.

What we did not do: No books of thousands of e-mails, no heroics, no 10,000 photo essay systems, or extreme stuff like I sometimes see here.

(She did however prominiently display her 3kt solitaire engagement ring... and funny thing there were zero questions about financial support... strange eh?)

I know everyone will ask... so here it is:

Guangzhou is hot as hell. We sweat alot just walking down the street. Bring light weight clothes, sunscreen if you burn, and a large damn good book to read. You will do some waiting here. Might as well use and enjoy the time.

Interview Questions:

Who is your petitioner?

How did you two meet?

What is his work?

What is your work?

Are you a member of the communist party?

Have you ever been a member of the communist party?

Show me 1 or 2 pictures from when you first met?

Interview then says your visa has been approved.

Purple paper handed over (Not pink... sorry guys!) Paper clearly says you are approved and give directions to the China Post next to the new Victory Hotel.

We go to the China Post and pay the fees.... then back here to the hotel room to put away our stuff and post this.

Food on second floor of Victory Hotel is good at lunch. Breasfast buffet in Victory also good.

We are told we can pickup the visa the day after tomorrow.

Bravo!! Clap Clap!!

CONGRATS!!!

My fiancee also had a nice little "rock" on her finger (I believe that even a modest sized cubic zirconia will work for this "show" also), and we didn't get asked for the financial support papers either.

Just goes to show that the VO's are mixing it up with different questions each week. Your's was the first interview I remember where they asked if she was a member of the communist party!

Now you can bring her home and start the next PILE of paperwork!!! hehehe

Congratulations, and thanks for the info. We're also planning to carry just the necessary evidence, including photos from my 5 trips, boarding passes, a reasonable collection of e-mails and the I-134 along with all the supporting docs required.