Biometrics scheduling

How much lead time do they give you on the biometrics appointment?

Can you request to change it? Can you request a specific date or day of the week? How do you change it?

Do they really need to do biometrics when they have fingerprinted her several times for her B and K visas? What more do they need?

Can you report to a different office to have it done?

We travel all the time and are rarely home. We make arrangements about a month in advance so need to know about when it might come up so to hold off on making the travel plans.

Got the text and email last week that they got the packet so I imagine an appointment will be scheduled soon.

Foa any step of the process they do biometrics, yes redundant but this the way it is.

Biometrics typically happens a month or so after filing the applications, typically one or two appointments I-485 and I-765 if two appointments go to first and bring both letters.

Is best to not attempt to reschedule over the phone. Many on VJ have reported no problems visiting early and doing the Bio as a walk in.

For us it's been almost 3 months since receipt for removal of conditions. No biometrics appointment yet... hope it's not lost in the mail... no status on-line yet either.

Did you confirm receipt, either by a cashed check, or by mailing using priority mail?

Did USCIS send you the extension letter?

I would be scheduling an info-pass appointment and asking about the biometrics, should happen a month or so after filing.

Our Lifting conditions timeline:

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-08-26

NOA Date : 2009-08-28

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-10-02

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-03-09

Yes, we have delivery notification, canceled check, receipt notice and extension letter (same letter). The extension was mailed just one week after they received it, so initially they were quick... but nothing for almost 3 months since.

I keep checking on-line, thinking that after bio-metrics are scheduled it would show up... but nothing.

Would you still recommend info pass?

Yes, we have delivery notification, canceled check, receipt notice and extension letter (same letter). The extension was mailed just one week after they received it, so initially they were quick... but nothing for almost 3 months since.

I keep checking on-line, thinking that after bio-metrics are scheduled it would show up... but nothing.

Would you still recommend info pass?

I would, if the field office handles Biometrics, more than likely they will do the biometrics as a walk in.

Thanks Dan, we'll likely do that.

Is it a given that biometrics are always taken for Removal of Conditions? Seems I read a thread on Visa Journey that indicates it may only occur if there will be an interview, but it seems at least lately everyone gets them.

BTW, I didn't intend to hijack the thread... maybe someone can answer the OP's original questions too?

Thanks Dan, we'll likely do that.

Is it a given that biometrics are always taken for Removal of Conditions? Seems I read a thread on Visa Journey that indicates it may only occur if there will be an interview, but it seems at least lately everyone gets them.

BTW, I didn't intend to hijack the thread... maybe someone can answer the OP's original questions too?

You paid for biometrics, therefore they should happen. Again this is a reason for an info-pass appointment, at least to ask what happened to the biometrics appointment letter.

Got the biometrics appt. Wow, so fast. Scheduled for Feb 3rd but we can't make that so I sent it back with the request of some specific dates and ranges of dates so we will see if they accommodate. Does this directly hold up the processing or does it continue in without this to a point?

Ah I was too late. I wanted to tell you to do a walk in biometrics. I couldn't make my date either so we went yesterday instead of Feb 1st. Iive in Orlando and there was no one waiting in line when we got there. You should have tried to show up after 2pm on Thursday or Friday

Ah I was too late. I wanted to tell you to do a walk in biometrics. I couldn't make my date either so we went yesterday instead of Feb 1st. Iive in Orlando and there was no one waiting in line when we got there. You should have tried to show up after 2pm on Thursday or Friday

Yeah I got the suggestion to walk in but we can't make it any time before the scheduled appt so I figured it was safest to request a reschedule to push it out and then if we can't make the date they give us, do a walk in. Thanks!

Lee

Just wanted to send a warning about early biometrics: I read here and on VisaJourney that early biometrics usually worked out. Ours was scheduled for Feb 3 in Detroit, but we can't make it, so we tried last Friday, right when they opened. We were subjected to "Didn't you read the letter?" and "Don't you see this box that says 'if you need to reschedule...'", and then turned away from an otherwise empty office. If you live far enough away from the application support center (we're an hour away), don't risk the early biometrics and just reschedule and reschedule and reschedule!

-Ryan

Just wanted to send a warning about early biometrics: I read here and on VisaJourney that early biometrics usually worked out. Ours was scheduled for Feb 3 in Detroit, but we can't make it, so we tried last Friday, right when they opened. We were subjected to "Didn't you read the letter?" and "Don't you see this box that says 'if you need to reschedule...'", and then turned away from an otherwise empty office. If you live far enough away from the application support center (we're an hour away), don't risk the early biometrics and just reschedule and reschedule and reschedule!

-Ryan

Yes - we were turned away (as a walk-in) once also, but at a time when they were busy. They would have been more than happy at a less busy time. The ASC's are usually outside contractors - it's not clear why they would turn away business.

The only thing your risking when you try for a walk-in is some gas and your time. It really wouldnt hurt to try, they arent going to put you in jail because you showed up when you werent suppose to. The only thing I recommend anyone to do is try atleast once if you cant wait or arent able to make the date they gave you.

The only thing your risking when you try for a walk-in is some gas and your time. It really wouldnt hurt to try, they arent going to put you in jail because you showed up when you werent suppose to. The only thing I recommend anyone to do is try atleast once if you cant wait or arent able to make the date they gave you.

Some people have to spend as much as a day of their time to get there and back - the warning is well heeded for those who don't live nearby.