Secret Consulate

Randy brought up a good point from one of my previous posts. It was in reference to the "Secret Consulate" at Guangzhou.

I was just taking literary license with that phrase. But I wanted to bring it up here because the consulate purposely puts up barriers to petitioners who wish to "discuss" their refusals.

A better turn of the phrase is the "hidden consulate." I am posting this information so that if one of our members is refused, they will know where to go to get an appointment with the IV Chief or the Chief of Consular Affairs. I discovered it by accident and obstinacy.

Every one who has been to the Tian Yu Gardens Hotel will remember where you line up with your SO in front of the building. Instead of going in through the same doors (front doors) as before, look to your right, behind the Police Station. Up the steps, you will see a set of clear glass double doors. Go through the doors and take the elevator to the 5th floor. You will see Guards, Metal detector, etc. Show them your passport, and tell them you are there to see the IV Chief or the Chief of Consular Affairs. You are in, the rest is up to you.

Randy brought up a good point from one of my previous posts. It was in reference to the "Secret Consulate" at Guangzhou.

I was just taking literary license with that phrase. But I wanted to bring it up here because the consulate purposely puts up barriers to petitioners who wish to "discuss" their refusals.

A better turn of the phrase is the "hidden consulate." I am posting this information so that if one of our members is refused, they will know where to go to get an appointment with the IV Chief or the Chief of Consular Affairs. I discovered it by accident and obstinacy.

Every one who has been to the Tian Yu Gardens Hotel will remember where you line up with your SO in front of the building. Instead of going in through the same doors (front doors) as before, look to your right, behind the Police Station. Up the steps, you will see a set of clear glass double doors. Go through the doors and take the elevator to the 5th floor. You will see Guards, Metal detector, etc. Show them your passport, and tell them you are there to see the IV Chief or the Chief of Consular Affairs. You are in, the rest is up to you.

is it really that simple to see the chief?It sounds too good to be true.

was he able to do anything?review your case?

this is good to know,for the next time my wife has her trial,i mean interview.

jimi

is it really that simple to see the chief?It sounds too good to be true.

was he able to do anything?review your case?

this is good to know,for the next time my wife has her trial,i mean interview.

jimi

I don't think it is quite that simple. Normally, you would need an appointment to see anyone at the staff level, and also, normally you work your way up through the chain of command. With the thousands who go through there each week, and the many who leave unhappy, the system would collapse if it were that simple.

As my wife is a GZ girl, I have been to the office building where the Conusulate is housed, many times. I have attended multiple ACH's and also ACS meetings, as well as just dropping in to get the lay of the land, so to speak, after some of our trips to the nearby Tee-Mall.

Getting past the guards at the 5th floor is not so easy. You must explain to them what it is you want to do and many times they will call up to the 5th floor on there two-way radio to clear the entry, if other than ACH time/day or an appointment letter is in hand.

I have sat in the waiting room waiting for my number to be called for an ACS meeting and have witnessed people trying to get a meeting with ranking staff members. In all cases, they were told to make an appointment and were politely but firmly turned away.

When I was there in June, a man in his 60's was trying to see the station chief over an issue of ethanol production in China utilizing US grain. He was representing his company in Illinois and went from asking to demanding, to threatening the agent with a call to his Congressman and even having funding cut off for the DOS with respect to GUZ. He became so loud and obnoxious, I felt embarassed. This guy was finally told in no uncertain terms, that a meeting would not be forthcoming.

This is my observation and experience.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

As Roger points out Americans can be pushy and obnoxious at times. I don't like that either. I was always polite and respectful, but also determined in my efforts.

I do believe in transparency and openness on the part of our government. I sympathize with the IV unit because they have to process so darn many petitions with so few staff. But, they are still responsible for processing those petitions according to U.S. Law and Regulations. Which of course is just a MHO. It is our right as citizens to bring our concerns to our government when we think that something is not right.

To those who feel this way, I'm just telling you where the front door is. When I went there, I spoke with the secretary of the Chief of Consular Affairs. Even though he would not make an appointment to speak with me, I did get a face to face with the acting IV Chief. Others might get farther. I believe that if we do not make a fuss, the higher ups will not believe that there is a problem, and consequently will never make a change. If enough petitioners consistently feel the need to redress bad decisions by CO's then maybe changes will be made.

Missing You,

No it is in the same building. Remember when you were there, and looked at the building it is kind of U shaped? Everybody lines up in the big space in the middle. There is a wing that juts out to the right. The wing has its own elevator. There are other offices on the lower floors. The consulate is on the 5th floor.

• 6 months later...

It was difficult for my husband to see the VO Chief . We failed our K1 and CR1 again . These result really caught us so much. We love each other badly .We are very depressed now. We really need to contact the GZ consulate chief to discuss how to overcome or help our families reunite.....our email box is (edited out by warpedbored. Not a good idea to post personal info. You should contact the person by PM instead) I wish you also who are warm to contact to us and tell us more. We are urgent. Thank you for help.

Not that it did much good but I was able to speak with the IV chief during ACH. I couldn't get time off to go to the interview and my wife got denied with the bone fied relationship excuse. I was alble to make an emergency trip to China 2 weeks later with a letter from my company explaining why they couldn't give me time off in case that was the reason for the denial. The officer wouldn't give me any additional details or accept the evidence. So I ased to speak to the IV Chief and I had to wait until the end of the session but I was able to speak to her and she also told me nothing. It was still good to go because the put in the system that I was there which I needed to do in order to fight the white slip.

USCONGUZ has weighed in on this one.

Dear CFL Members,

We noticed a recent posting that incorrectly described how immigrant visa petitioners may attempt to access the Consulate¡¯s office.

Please be advised that the Immigrant Visa unit strictly follows State Department guidance to ensure the same level of access is offered to the public in an efficient and orderly manner, with no special privileges or special channels for immigrant visa petitioners. Additionally, our office follows strict security procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and premises.

The Immigrant Visa Section, as a courtesy to U.S. citizen petitioners who have questions regarding the immigrant visa process, has a ¡°petitioner hour¡± on Monday afternoons in which procedural questions can be answered. This is the ONLY venue for in-person meetings to discuss immigrant visa cases with consular personnel. To attend the petitioner hour, please enter through the main consulate entrance by 2 p.m.

If you try to enter the Consulate through the entrance described in the previous post, you will be denied entry and asked to leave immediately by security personnel. Please be aware that the Bureau of Diplomatic Security treats attempts to gain unauthorized access to U.S. diplomatic facilities abroad as serious security threats, and will take appropriate action in response to such threats.

Please refer to our website http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html for more information for attending the petitioner hour.

Thank you for your understanding. If there are further questions, please contact us using the web form on our website.

U.S. Consulate Guangzhou, China

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=38196&hl=

One of the best reasons for this forum is that CFL members can draw from the collective experience of others and hopefully benefit....

And I am not here to try and sway anyone's opinion of GUZ -- how they operate, their decisions or their accessibility -- past or present...

But first to the point on access, if you follow their guidelines you will get an opportunity at ACH and ACS. Keep your wits.....

My first time for ACS was due to a stolen passport in the last few days of my second trip. I had no appointment. Marc Cook listened, worked diligently and assisted also providing me with as much info possible for GZ PSB and my exit visa. We stayed past 5 PM and left down the right elevator. I left my cell with security and went back up to the 5th and retrieved. Marc Cook was leaving as I was going back up and again assisted.

Got the luck of the draw again at ACS for notarial services with the Vice Consul. We discussed many things......

One of the big things that came from this was her concern to protect USCs especially against fraud.....

And she admitted that in cases that are not prepared properly and there is considerable doubt, they will give Blue or White. Nothing personal just their job. And made a point of not wanting to divulge too much of the process to help others commit fraud in China and noted that they realize that they are at the top of the list for fraud.

She even made a concerted effort to give me info to help them with questionable beneficiary individuals.....

I am reluctant, since I am glad I am not in their position with too few staff and thousands of petitions......

Simply, the first woman I met online, the Chinese woman that got me to first thinking of going through this tough process, committed fraud. She lied to me so many times that I had to move on.

She is here now in NY and is trying to get her GC. And when she does, divorce. And just recently, sent me a message that she wants to work for our family....after her GC and move to Texas.

Another petitioner I talked to had a friend that committed fraud for a wealthy Chinese family to get the woman here. Got paid $7K. Though after getting paid to help her get her GC, he is finding himself getting more committed to his marriage......

So do whatever and think whatever, but no matter who is in charge or working at the Consulate in GUZ, they have a tough job to do....MHO

Secret or hidden consulate.....or the US Consulate General Guangzhou, China