my red flag list

hello to all. now that we have arrived in the usa i wanted to post my red flag list and some stratedgy that i used during the visa process in hopes that this will help some others. btw, a well respected immigration attorney told me early on that we wouldn't pass the interview so don't believe everything an attorney tells you.

1.i only knew my honey 5 weeks before i went to china to visit her.

2.i'm divorced 2 times

3.my 2nd exwife was an immigrant even though i didn't petition her

4. i divorced my 2nd ex in may 2006, but we reconciled and lived together for 1 more year before breaking up permanently.

5.i still receive mail for both my exspouses and my home phone is listed under my 2nd ex's name. i have some joint accounts with my 1st ex.

6.my passport has 3 recent trips to south america, 2 to brazil and 1 to colombia. the 2nd trip to brazil was with my exwife 10 months after our divorce.the trip tp colombia was november 2007 to meet another girl(it didn't work out) i also had a chinese visa in 2006 that i never used.

7. my financials were suspect because i am self-employed and my taxes show my gross income and total income as negative 25k.

8. i only knew my honey a total of 7 months at interview time.

my stragedy was£»i did a complete background check on myself to see if their was any surprises for me to prepare for.i listed all assets on my i-134 and had a letter from my cpa stating my actual income of 37k. i thorougly prepared my so with all of this info about my passport travels, my financials, and my exspouses....for the interview. i instructed my so to not give the vo my passport unless requested.my so gave the vo my eol at the beginning of the interview. i didn't do anything wrong nor did i have to hida anything, but i figured the less questions the better.

well, thats about all we did to prepare.so as you can see, perhaps i was a little paranoid but it all worked out in the end thx. to proper prep and lots of good advice here on cfl. thx. to all for the help you gave me during this stressful process. any questions from anyone can post them or pm me and i am happy to help others.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

Thanks for sharing. Before I met my husband, I traveled many times to China. I have a total of 5 different visas applied at different times, but only one was used for seeing my husband. I used the other ones for touring and just going in and out to Hong Kong.

Will the VO think that I might be seeing someone else before my husband? Should I prepare photos to show that I had traveled to China with my family back then as I was only in high school and college? In my passport, I also have stamps to many other Asia countries.

A little worry now...

hello to all. now that we have arrived in the usa i wanted to post my red flag list and some stratedgy that i used during the visa process in hopes that this will help some others. btw, a well respected immigration attorney told me early on that we wouldn't pass the interview so don't believe everything an attorney tells you.

1.i only knew my honey 5 weeks before i went to china to visit her.

2.i'm divorced 2 times

3.my 2nd exwife was an immigrant even though i didn't petition her

4. i divorced my 2nd ex in may 2006, but we reconciled and lived together for 1 more year before breaking up permanently.

5.i still receive mail for both my exspouses and my home phone is listed under my 2nd ex's name. i have some joint accounts with my 1st ex.

6.my passport has 3 recent trips to south america, 2 to brazil and 1 to colombia. the 2nd trip to brazil was with my exwife 10 months after our divorce.the trip tp colombia was november 2007 to meet another girl(it didn't work out) i also had a chinese visa in 2006 that i never used.

7. my financials were suspect because i am self-employed and my taxes show my gross income and total income as negative 25k.

my stragedy was£»i did a complete background check on myself to see if their was any surprises for me to prepare for.i listed all assets on my i-134 and had a letter from my cpa stating my actual income of 37k. i thorougly prepared my so with all of this info about my passport travels, my financials, and my exspouses....for the interview. i instructed my so to not give the vo my passport unless requested.my so gave the vo my eol at the beginning of the interview. i didn't do anything wrong nor did i have to hida anything, but i figured the less questions the better.

well, thats about all we did to prepare.so as you can see, perhaps i was a little paranoid but it all worked out in the end thx. to proper prep and lots of good advice here on cfl. thx. to all for the help you gave me during this stressful process. any questions from anyone can post them or pm me and i am happy to help others.

Wow! This is very encouraging... You had a lot that they could have snagged you on. By comparison, xiaomin and I should be solid gold!

Thanks for sharing. Before I met my husband, I traveled many times to China. I have a total of 5 different visas applied at different times, but only one was used for seeing my husband. I used the other ones for touring and just going in and out to Hong Kong.

Will the VO think that I might be seeing someone else before my husband? Should I prepare photos to show that I had traveled to China with my family back then as I was only in high school and college? In my passport, I also have stamps to many other Asia countries.

A little worry now...

don't worry too much about this. i would just make sure your so can explain all of your passport travels should this topic come up in the interview. its difficult to guess what the vo might think so just make sure your so can explain your previous travels. it may never even come up. good luck to you.

A little worry now...

Nothing to worry about, you should be sure your husband knows about this travel so he can explain if the question comes up.

He could tell the VO that you must have been looking for him for a long time. ;)

1.i only knew my honey 5 weeks before i went to china to visit her...I don't understand why you would think this would be a Red flag since you were applying for K1??

2.i'm divorced 2 times....I don't think being divorced 2 times is a red flag unless you applied for K1 no more than a month after getting a divorce, however, at least North Carolina requires a year separation before I can file for divorce.

3.my 2nd exwife was an immigrant even though i didn't petition her...I guess I am in big trouble since my 2nd Ex was an immigrant and I did petition for her and her children..3 I-130's for DCF filing, but the marriage lasted 5 years...so I guess I have a red flag there but at least USCIS knows about it and They approved the K3/K4 petition.

Interesting, now all the rest, I don't have against me...... :unsure:

Since I didn't reconcile with either of my EX's :blink: :D :blink:

Tom and Ling

1.i only knew my honey 5 weeks before i went to china to visit her...I don't understand why you would think this would be a Red flag since you were applying for K1??

2.i'm divorced 2 times....I don't think being divorced 2 times is a red flag unless you applied for K1 no more than a month after getting a divorce, however, at least North Carolina requires a year separation before I can file for divorce.

3.my 2nd exwife was an immigrant even though i didn't petition her...I guess I am in big trouble since my 2nd Ex was an immigrant and I did petition for her and her children..3 I-130's for DCF filing, but the marriage lasted 5 years...so I guess I have a red flag there but at least USCIS knows about it and They approved the K3/K4 petition.

Interesting, now all the rest, I don't have against me...... :unsure:

Since I didn't reconcile with either of my EX's :blink: :D :blink:

Tom and Ling

my purpose for posting this info was to try and help others who may have similiar circumstances. of course it's always debatable as far as what is a red flag and what isn't. i think the bottom line is to be well prepared and make sure your so knows all pertinent info.

Hi Dale,

No...I certainly agree with what you have said, but I was thinking that things like being married twice really are not red flags as long as the So knows about all of them.............. :D :blush: :P

Tom and Ling

Interesting, now all the rest, I don't have against me...... :o

Since I didn't reconcile with either of my EX's :P :o :P

Tom and Ling

my purpose for posting this info was to try and help others who may have similiar circumstances. of course it's always debatable as far as what is a red flag and what isn't. i think the bottom line is to be well prepared and make sure your so knows all pertinent info.

as a side note i do not recommend that anyone try and get the visa with only 1 visit. i only saw blue slips from this secenario, although i'm sure it could be done guz seems to focus heavily on the number of visits.

yes..You have a point here..... :o

I would have to say that at least two visits..... :o

I am going to China in September and plan to be there for my Ling's interview...and since there are two boys also...I feel she needs all the support she can get........... :blush: :D

Tom and Ling

Hi Dale,

No...I certainly agree with what you have said, but I was thinking that things like being married twice really are not red flags as long as the So knows about all of them.............. :D :blush: :P

Tom and Ling

yes, your right about the 2 divorces, however just being divorced will prompt additional questions from the vo.

Interesting, now all the rest, I don't have against me...... :o

Since I didn't reconcile with either of my EX's :P :o :P

Tom and Ling

as a side note i do not recommend that anyone try and get the visa with only 1 visit. i only saw blue slips from this secenario, although i'm sure it could be done guz seems to focus heavily on the number of visits.

yes..You have a point here..... :o

I would have to say that at least two visits..... :o

I am going to China in September and plan to be there for my Ling's interview...and since there are two boys also...I feel she needs all the support she can get........... :blush: :D

Tom and Ling

hi tom, after what happened with steve and rong (blue slipped for dna tests) i hope you will be pro-active since your honey also has 2 children. good luck to you both....think pink.