how many I-129 F people were asked if they are CCP

Guest WenDylan

Here are some posts that you might find helpful...

I think the important thing here is that you have identified your weakness early in the game, as opposed to late. You can definitely overcome this.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10946

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19111

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29202

and here is a post by Bob. I think he would be full of information to help you. Perhaps you can collaborate with possible solutions and ideas to this issue. :huh:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31912

Best of luck and wishes you and your family on your Visa journey!

I've been reading a lot about this issue (thanks for the links!) and it seems that it won't be much of a problem. My fiancee is only 23 years old and she joined during college for the benefits. Of course we'll prepare everything we can in case it comes up.

Good plan.

Note: Always be honest with the counselor officer, fill out the forms honestly, and if they ask the question, answer honestly.

They can and will ask for a waiver if it comes up.

Also later when adjusting status in the USA it WILL come up again, I-485 asks directly about Communist Party.

If USCIS catches a lie, they can and will revoke green-card OR CITIZENSHIP and can begin removal proceedings. Misrepresentation is one of the things that can get US Citizenship revoked after naturalization.

Hello nabeshin216,

One important thing, tell her to stop paying membership dues NOW!

I'll explain in the next few days in a follow up post on the other thread I started on this subject last week, we're still gathering facts.

Be sure to follow dnoblett's advice to be honest about your situation in all questions asked on forms or at your fiancee's interview because the repercussions are high if caught misrepresenting information.

Best to all,

Bob

Hello nabeshin216,

One important thing, tell her to stop paying membership dues NOW!

I'll explain in the next few days in a follow up post on the other thread I started on this subject last week, we're still gathering facts.

Be sure to follow dnoblett's advice to be honest about your situation in all questions asked on forms or at your fiancee's interview because the repercussions are high if caught misrepresenting information.

Best to all,

Bob

I read your topic. It really does seem to be in a gray area on the DS-157. If it isn't a social organization and she quits before the interview, then it would seem that there is no problem. Does anybody know if USCONGUZ has said whether or not CCP membership is considered a social organization?

Hello zanyi,

I am too new a member of CFL myself to know for certain if anyone in the past has had the experience of being asked to prove non-membership in the CCP. I would have to assume that GUZ trusts your answers unless they find out otherwise and what tools they have available to check if someone is a CCP member or not I don't know. I read another post some place on CFL that said the Chinese government is not going to make its membership rolls available to any US agency and that would logically make sense, however it does not exclude the fact that they may have other means of determining CCP membership.

From what I've gathered it is more common now for people in China to work in government jobs without being CCP members, in the past it was a different situation and membership was a requirement for many jobs, this is the situation my fianc¨¦e was sucked into.

Best thing to do is answer all questions on any forms and at the interview honestly and you should be ok.

Best of luck,

Bob

Hello Randy,

Thank you for the links, useful information. Contained in those posts were other links provided by GUZ that looked to be very interesting but unfortunately they were dead so I couldn't read them ... ugh!

Have a great weekend,

Bob