I-751 and Citizenship

This is just a question for anyone who wishes to answer what they would do if they were to be in this situation.

Let's say that you have filed for the 10 year GC but haven't received it yet. You have approached the three years living here in the states. Would you wait until you have received the GC first or file for citizenship first and hope the GC will arrive soon?

First of all the 3 years of eligibilty starts ticking when she received her legal permenant resident status, not when she entered the US. She can however file for citizenship anytime from 90 days prior to the end of the 3 year requirement as long as she is still married to the same US citizen. I have not heard of any rule stating she must have a 10 year green card first.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

This is just a question for anyone who wishes to answer what they would do if they were to be in this situation.

Let's say that you have filed for the 10 year GC but haven't received it yet. You have approached the three years living here in the states. Would you wait until you have received the GC first or file for citizenship first and hope the GC will arrive soon?

Today I went into my wifes infopass appt to get her I-551 stamp, I asked this same question the response was "She can file before she gets her 10 yr GC, however it(the citizenship app) will be placed on hold until her GC has been issued"

You can file the N-400 within 90 days before 3 year anniversary of becoming a green-card holder, or 1 year after you filed the I-751.

The 3 year rule requires that you have been married to a US citizen for the entire 3 years, and have resided with the US citizen the entire time.