HELP Appeals Attorney Needed

Has anybody found a good appeals attorney here in the States after there wife has been rejected at the Consulate in Guangzhou.? I am hoping that someone has been successful and can tell me how to contact the attorney that they used. When you get on the Internet you can find page after page of Immigration Attorneys but unless you pick the right one you will just be wasting your money and no hope for another appeal. I would also like to know how long the process took and the fee charged. I have read story after story on these sites showing the reason for rejection was you did not have a bona fide relationship with your spouse even though you have been married to the lady for two years and help support her and her son monthly. My wife's first interview lasted all of 10 minutes and she was told to get additional paperwork from her lawyer in Nanning and from her husband to back up two of the questions ask her. After the additional paperwork was submitted and a wait of two months she was rejected as not having a bona fide relationship but they could not explain what they meant by a bona fide relationship. We had been approved for our CR1 & CR2 and that paperwork was sent to the Consulate by the National Visa Center. The Consulate sent her another letter giving her a new interview date but when she went in to be interviewed they gave her back my Passport all of her paperwork that was stilled sealed from the National Visa Center and they told her to tell her husband to go back home and file an appeal. I made several attempts to talk to someone in the Embassy but that went on deaf ears. I was told there was no one there to talk to me and if it was that important I could come back on a monday afternoon during the hour they sit aside for answering questions the husbands may have. Wen and I have known each other for over 3 years now and we chat and talk on the computer phone from 2 to 4 hours a everyday. I am a Retired Marine Corps Officer and have owned a couple of businesses here in the past and Wen is just a poor Chinese girl who has never been in trouble. She cannot understand why our government thinks that she is bad and will not approve her.

I am not about to give up on somebody who I care about so much. PLEASE, if any of you know a very good attorney who has helped get you wife a Visa and can right this wrong I would appreciate hearing from you. You can post it on here or you can email me as I am anxious to bring her and my son to the States. My email address is aljackson3727@yahoo.com.

I think you would be better off to find an attorney in GZ who knows the consulate. Here is a link to where another member is going through the same thing. There are links to some lawyers as well as a lot of good information.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=30044&hl=

I just noticed that you didn't post when the interview took place. If your petition is still in GZ it is in your best interests to keep it there.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry to hear of this :( we seem to be hearing this more and more recently. There are some members here who have great expertise in this area, I'm sure they will contact you.

Good luck

PP is a respected member of this website and is very good. He is also expensive. IMO you get what you pay for

Warpedbored, Do you have any other information on Mr. Paget.? Success he has had with these cases or the names of anyone who has used him that I could contact. Another name that has just come up is a Mr. Marc Ellis who is located in Ho Chi Minh City. Have you or any of the readers heard anything about him.? Thanks everybody for the help that I am receiving

Randy, Do you have any other information on Mr. Stuart Folinsky. Did you use him and did he help get your wife here with you. Also do you have a email address or a phone number for him. If you have time I would like to hear everything you know about him. Thanks.....

Click on the guy's name in Randy's post. It's a link to his website.

Randy, Do you have any other information on Mr. Stuart Folinsky. Did you use him and did he help get your wife here with you. Also do you have a email address or a phone number for him. If you have time I would like to hear everything you know about him. Thanks.....

He referred us to our lawyer that we used for our K-2. He is presently the lawyer for another K-2 from Britain that is about to go to trial. He is a famous internet lawyer (click on the above link), who participates in several boards like CFL.

Others may have more information, but he is here in the states, and (I think) deals with the USCIS here (not GUZ). Check out his web site.

PP is a respected member of this website and is very good. He is also expensive. IMO you get what you pay for

Warpedbored, Do you have any other information on Mr. Paget.? Success he has had with these cases or the names of anyone who has used him that I could contact. Another name that has just come up is a Mr. Marc Ellis who is located in Ho Chi Minh City. Have you or any of the readers heard anything about him.? Thanks everybody for the help that I am receiving

From what I have read about Marc Ellis he is also very good but he is in Vietnam not China. He is very knowledgable about NOID. As for Peter Paget, he helped me once behind the scenes when my wife got her blue slip. Some say he is too expensive but when your back is to the wall and you need a good attorney fast, it is not the time to be bargain basement shopping for a lawyer.

If anyone else has constructive lawyer information for alwenzen feel free to post it. One of the links in the other post I refereed you to is a list of lawyers in the GZ area. The only one I can personally vouch for is Peter.

PS I merged this topic with the other thread the OP started. There is no need for two andI feel it is better to have all the information for him in one spot.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I commented on this in another thread in the past day or so.

I have met with Mr. Paget, and a couple of members of his staff, four times in the past twelve months.

He is a very nice, honest and professional man. He is a US Attorney from the PacNW, who has had an established practice in GZ for well over a decade.

He assisted me with some questions on my case with respect to my daughter; I was not billed for his approx 30 mins of his and his staff¡¯s time, in his private office.

The other three times were when I was representing/assisting a friend of mine, who had some other type of visa issues. The charges for my friend were very reasonable and he is pleased so far with all the service he is getting from Peter and his firm.

And yes, he is on the first floor of the office building the GUZ is located in. He knows the place intimately and who all the players are.

While I was sitting in the waiting area of the 5th floor GUZ office in November, waiting for the ACH to begin, while chatting with another CFL¡¯r, he noticed me and approached me to say hello; he had recognized me before I him. He was there for a client¡¯s overcome, file in hand and sleeves rolled up, ready to do battle at one of the windows !! This is what he does, every day.

I am not planning on having any issues with my case; however, if I did, he is the guy I would go to.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you who very kindly provide your valuable advices. I just got a message from GUZ:

The decision has been made by a consular officer to return the case file to USCIS for review and possible revocation. Once this decision has been made, the Consulate will no longer accept evidence submitted in

support of the petition. If USCIS will need to see additional evidence, USCIS will contact you. If USCIS reaffirms the petition and returns it to the Consulate, the Consulate will likely request additional evidence

from the beneficiary.

I have to work with USCIS again. Please provide your advices. Thanks again.