I was given another girl's visa package!

Guest noeleen

Guest noeleen

I had a very strange expenrience last night. I was pleased that I got my visa sucessfully yesterday afternoon. When I was waiting outside the counsulate for my passport around 4p.m. yesterday, a voice from a speaker told us not to open the visa package if we got one until we arrived U.S. When I got my package, I felt strange and uneasy to find that there was not even a name on the envelope, but I dared not have a look into it and took it back home, then I put it into my drawer and was going to take it with me on to the plane. At about 8:30pm., I received a phone call from a girl. She said her name was Ya Nan and she was also a K1 applicant just liked me.Her case number was GUZ 2003071xxxx. She came from Tianjin for her visa and succeeded the same day. When she packed her suitcase yesterday evening, she was curious to have a look at the files inside her visa package(because there is an angle cut on the envelope), but was astonished to see an unknown name and unfamiliar handwriting on the first paper. She felt nervous at once and called her mother to look into the hole together with the help of a torch. Then she saw my name , my birth date,and even my photos. They ran to the counsulate at once(They live in the Victory Hotle in Shamian), but it closed. One of the guard told her if she could not find me, neither of us could enter U.S. even after our long trip to America. He was so kind to tell her that the counsulate gave her the wrong file by mistake! He asked her to go back today and saw if the counsulate could help her. The girl was driven mad. She has bought the 10:00 train tickets back to Tianjin this morning!She tried to look into the hole on the envelope again with the torch and finally saw my address in GZ and a telephone number. She tried to dial that number and found me. I jumped into a Taxi after I talked to her and found that her file was in my drawer. Finally we met in her hotel, and that's my story. At last I got my own file back, but I am still nervous because I am not sure that all the papers inside my package are mine.

Good grief!!!!

Just when you think you have heard of every possible foul up, along comes another one more incredible than the ones before. Thinking about it, what does the visa in your passport say? Does it have your fiance's name or the the name of the fiance of the other girl? :blink:

Also, has the packet the other girl gave you been opened? That could be a big problem.

I had a very strange expenrience last night. I was pleased that I got my visa sucessfully yesterday afternoon. When I was waiting outside the counsulate for my passport around 4p.m. yesterday, a voice from a speaker told us not to open the visa package if we got one until we arrived U.S. When I got my package, I felt strange and uneasy to find that there was not even a name on the envelope, but I dared not have a look into it and took it back home, then I put it into my drawer and was going to take it with me on to the plane. At about 8:30pm., I received a phone call from a girl. She said her name was Ya Nan and she was also a K1 applicant just liked me.Her case number was GUZ 2003071xxxx. She came from Tianjin for her visa and succeeded the same day. When she packed her suitcase yesterday evening, she was curious to have a look at the files inside her visa package(because there is an angle cut on the envelope), but was astonished to see an unknown name and unfamiliar handwriting on the first paper. She felt nervous at once and called her mother to look into the hole together with the help of a torch. Then she saw my name , my birth date,and even my photos. They ran to the counsulate at once(They live in the Victory Hotle in Shamian), but it closed. One of the guard told her if she could not find me, neither of us could enter U.S. even after our long trip to America. He was so kind to tell her that the counsulate gave her the wrong file by mistake! He asked her to go back today and saw if the counsulate could help her. The girl was driven mad. She has bought the 10:00 train tickets back to Tianjin this morning!She tried to look into the hole on the envelope again with the torch and finally saw my address in GZ and a telephone number. She tried to dial that number and found me. I jumped into a Taxi after I talked to her and found that her file was in my drawer. Finally we met in her hotel, and that's my story. At last I got my own file back, but I am still nervous because I am not sure that all the papers inside my package are mine.

it seems that anything could happy during the process of k visa application.I can't express myself except the chinese phrase that they are "chao jian ren ming".after long time waiting and torturing,GZ even did such incredible thing

Guest R2D2
Good grief!!!!

Just when you think you have heard of every possible foul up, along comes another one more incredible than the ones before. Thinking about it, what does the visa in your passport say? Does it have your fiance's  name or the the name of the fiance of the other girl? :greenblob:

Also, has the packet the other girl gave you been opened? That could be a big problem.

Yes, but it is the public's fault and they are lying, according to Mr. X, a diplomatic servant!!!! :blink:

Thinking about it, what does the visa in your passport say? Does it have your fiance's  name or the the name of the fiance of the other girl? ;)

Come to think of it... Visa is a sticker with all the info on it.. Pretty easy to slap on the wrong passport considering GZ track record, huh? :angry:

Wow, that is a new one. I thought I had heard them all by now, but it never ceases to amaze me. Seems the most common one is the disappearing P4.

To be fair, though, I know it is easy to make a mistake on the job. Hehe, I spent much of my evening correcting a code mistake that I should have caught months ago. I am sure that the GZ employees are even more overworked than most employees. I honestly believe that the reason these mistakes seem so much more incredible to us because of the great impact on our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Hehe, I once worked at a large telecom that shall remain unnamed. I was in a department that created the phone bills. One of my colleagues told me "don't stress so much, if you screw up and someone doesn't receive their phone bill, they won't complain." :D :lol: :P

Gosh..this is an incredible experience!!!! I really think you should write to GZ and tell them what happened. It would be safer actually for 2 of you to come back to the consulate and ask the consulate to check each envelope for you. So you could be sure that both of you have the right papers inside.

I would bring a torch to my interview...

Guest tryntymz

Yes, unusual case but not surprising. I have to agree with pj in that those at the consulate are only human thereby mistakes, or blunders in this case, will be made. Dealing with any large bureaucracy is a daunting task to say the least and GZ is no exception. I can only say exert patience and stay up-to-date of one's case as best as possible.

"Keep your friends close but keep GZ closer."... :lol:

Guest noeleen
Good grief!!!!

Just when you think you have heard of every possible foul up, along comes another one more incredible than the ones before. Thinking about it, what does the visa in your passport say? Does it have your fiance's  name or the the name of the fiance of the other girl? :lol:

Thanks, Mick! God bless me, the petitioner's name on my visa IS my fiance's name and my package has not ever been opened.

Noeleen

Guest noeleen

Thanks! Donahso.I think the same thing, too. I can tell you two more stories, but not about me: That morning, I mean the day of my interview appoinment, all of us brought our X-ray photos with us but none of them was accepted. Most of us didn't bright them back when we returned to fetch our visa in the afternoon. An old woman was called to get her visa but was asked to hand in her "X-ray" first. She was very surprised and had to go home to get it. As the second case, a K1 applicant just like me got the approvement paper from the counsulor, but when she got home, she found her passport was still in her bag(k1 visa must be stapled on the applicant's passport)!How can she get her visa without her passport being accepted? The poor girl had to go back to the counsulate and handed in the passport by herself!

So ATTENTION to all K1 applicants:First, remenber to bring your "X-ray" every time you go to the counsulate. Second, make sure they have taken your passport after your successful interview. Last, check your visa package and make sure it was YOURS!