the most terrible interview

:ph34r: Hello all guys here, I am very sad and upset today. I have flewn back my city now as I didnt get red slip as we expected. Actually the interview was pretty easy. I think visa officer has viewed our cases in advance and alreayd made their decision. My VO only asked me 2 simple questions. " how did you two know each other?" " how many times has he been china?" He didnt looked at any proofs I took. then told me "Congrats you have got visa, you just need go out to pay money and they will tell you how to get visa." I was very glad and put those red slips into my bag. When I was ready leave, I rememberd my husband's question" if I can get 10 years visa" , then I told VO if I can get 10 years, what he said" I have issued you 10 years" thrilled me a lot , but suddenly he asked me "are you communist member?" I told him I quited , then he asked me formal letters about my quiting. I didnt have former letter from my university, then the VO said he is sorry, and he cant give me visa right now, and I need submit them those formal letter from my university. He told me it is no problem for me to get visa, but according to american law, he cant give me right now, but if i want, he can give my son visa right now. I told him my son cant go to the US alone. :( I was told I can fax and mail those documentations to GZ, and I need wait at leat a month or a month and half to get answer. Anybody has the experience like mine? How to overcome it?
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
:ph34r: Hello all guys here, I am very sad and upset today. I have flewn back my city now as I didnt get red slip as we expected. Actually the interview was pretty easy. I think visa officer has viewed our cases in advance and alreayd made their decision. My VO only asked me 2 simple  questions. " how did you two know each other?" " how many times has he been china?" He didnt looked at any proofs I took. then told me "Congrats you have got visa, you just need go out to pay money and they will tell you how to get visa." I was very glad and put those red slips into my bag. When I was ready leave, I rememberd my husband's question" if I can get 10 years visa" , then I told VO if I can get 10 years,  what he said" I have issued you 10 years" thrilled me a lot , but suddenly he asked me "are you communist member?" I told him I quited , then he asked me formal letters about my quiting. I didnt have former letter from my university, then the VO said he is sorry, and he cant give me visa right now, and I need submit them those formal letter from my university. He told me it is no problem for me to get visa, but according to american law, he cant give me right now, but if i want, he can give my son visa right now. I told him my son cant go to the US alone. :(  I was told I can fax and mail those documentations to GZ, and I need wait at leat a month or a month and half to get answer. Anybody has the experience like mine? How to overcome it?

222312[/snapback]

I am so sorry to hear this Paula. Makes you wonder what would happen if the answer was the opposite....

take a look at:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10946

Guest pushbrk
:ph34r: Hello all guys here, I am very sad and upset today. I have flewn back my city now as I didnt get red slip as we expected. Actually the interview was pretty easy. I think visa officer has viewed our cases in advance and alreayd made their decision. My VO only asked me 2 simple  questions. " how did you two know each other?" " how many times has he been china?" He didnt looked at any proofs I took. then told me "Congrats you have got visa, you just need go out to pay money and they will tell you how to get visa." I was very glad and put those red slips into my bag. When I was ready leave, I rememberd my husband's question" if I can get 10 years visa" , then I told VO if I can get 10 years,  what he said" I have issued you 10 years" thrilled me a lot , but suddenly he asked me "are you communist member?" I told him I quited , then he asked me formal letters about my quiting. I didnt have former letter from my university, then the VO said he is sorry, and he cant give me visa right now, and I need submit them those formal letter from my university. He told me it is no problem for me to get visa, but according to american law, he cant give me right now, but if i want, he can give my son visa right now. I told him my son cant go to the US alone. :(  I was told I can fax and mail those documentations to GZ, and I need wait at leat a month or a month and half to get answer. Anybody has the experience like mine? How to overcome it?

222312[/snapback]

You overcome it by providing exactly what they ask for. Assuming you have formal letters of resignation from the Communist Party, and meet the requirements (It seems the VO says you do.) then you will overcome in due course.

How cold can you be?? man, you gave her the visa, she put it in the bag, now all of a sudden you come out of the blue and ask her a question about some freaking communist party?????

I don't know about you, but it sure pieces the hell out of me

Yes, i thought probably my answer was not so good, and I should answer no as I did quited it even though I didnt the statement from my university. But I answered I quit insteand "NO", which cause a lot trouble now. :lol:

222336[/snapback]

Paula, you did the right thing. You were honest and told him the truth. I just don't understand how a "Trained professional" can get away with something like that. He should have asked you this question before he told you that you passed the interview.

Don't worry, just give them what they want and they will give you the visa Good luck!!!

Yes, i thought probably my answer was not so good, and I should answer no as I did quited it even though I didnt the statement from my university. But I answered I quit insteand "NO", which cause a lot trouble now. :lol:

222336[/snapback]

Don't be so hard on yourself, if you would have said no, the next question may have been, have you ever been a Party member?

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)