Suggestions on Filing AOS

Well, we got married within the 90 days. have all the AOS paperwork filled out BUT still havent recieved the certified copy of our Marriage certificate and it could be another 2 weeks before it arrives.. Her Visa expires the first of January and we are wondering if we should just send in a copy of the " Token" marriage certificate they gave us in Las Vegas with a note saying the certified one is still not here yet but will be shortly or if we should wait and possibly go out of status on her visa. What do you think?

Steve, just hold out until you have everything together for filing. My take is that the processing goes quicker if you don't have an RFE in the process.

From what others have said the vaccination supplement is now being considered a required document with the AOS even though the instructions say different. If you haven't got it now you might take the time to get it as well to try to make things go smoother.

Steve, just hold out until you have everything together for filing. My take is that the processing goes quicker if you don't have an RFE in the process.

From what others have said the vaccination supplement is now being considered a required document with the AOS even though the instructions say different. If you haven't got it now you might take the time to get it as well to try to make things go smoother.

173866[/snapback]

This is what I have on the I-485 instructions, rev 10/26/05.

I have a coworker who is here on a work visa and can refer

me to a local civil surgeon; I better make the appointment.

Fianc¨¦(e)s.C.If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

Relax, you have done what you can do. Have everything ready to add the Marriage Certificate when it comes and you can once again move to the waiting room. But since this time we all get to wait with our wives it is much better.

The 90 day requirement is to marry not to submit paper work.

Yes we requested and paid for three certified copies to be mailed to us right after we got back to Dallas.. I will try and give them a call... We have already gotten the supplemental form for medical three weeks ago.

173949[/snapback]

Did she have to get any vaccinations?

173959[/snapback]

yes. they told her she needed a second MMR.. which I think was wrong so it cost us 80.00 total for the paperwork.

Steve, I went to the Records Bldg. on Elm the day after we got married and got our license processed in about 15 minutes. That option may not be available in Nevada though. We sent our AOS a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know about how long it takes before we get an NOA? I know they haven't cashed the checks yet.

Called the county clerks office in Nevada on Friday. The lady told me it was mailed out on the 1st... Havent seen it yet... Going to call again on Monday and tell them that we never recieved the 3 copies we paid for..once we get the certificate we will file for the PILOT program thats available in Texas..This government program allows you to get your green card in 3 months...

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dal...ot_overview.htm