April Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

The appointment letter says 26th at 12:30... but mr yang said we go tomorrow for document hand in. The room we are in now he asked 380 rmb a night for. Ive lived in china for 4.5 years. I dont even think in terms of dollars anymore. 380 rmb is alot of money to me... lol. Ive stayed in rooms that cost 20 rmb a night and were nothing more than a metal shed with a bed in it by U.S. standards... it is a nice enough room though. 1-372-484-2886 is the number i called him at. Got it from your post in another thread. Hope its the right guy lol.

26th will be document turn in, and interview will be the 27th line up before 7:30am

You can always try to turn in documents a day early, no harm in getting turned away by security.

Thanks dnoblett... i guess we will try a day early. Mr yang says we need a letter outlining my future plans... is this NEEDED.... i never know the future

If a fiancee visa, a letter reaffirming that intent is to marry within 90 days after arrival is still the intent.

And my wife is approved... Thanks so much to everyone on this board for their help thus far! This is such a relief. Also i would like to say that i can wholeheartedly reccomend Mr Yangs Hotel! It was expensive the first night cause he was out of the cheaper rooms, and although the expensive room was very very nice... he got us set up in a cheaper but still nice room the next day... The location was absolutely supreme... I cant think of enough good things to say about him so ill just say stay with him if you possibly can.

Whats the next step... Enter the country... and then?

• Like 1

And my wife is approved... Thanks so much to everyone on this board for their help thus far! This is such a relief. Also i would like to say that i can wholeheartedly reccomend Mr Yangs Hotel! It was expensive the first night cause he was out of the cheaper rooms, and although the expensive room was very very nice... he got us set up in a cheaper but still nice room the next day... The location was absolutely supreme... I cant think of enough good things to say about him so ill just say stay with him if you possibly can.

Whats the next step... Enter the country... and then?

Next step is wait for passport and immigration packet to arrive in China mail.

Travel to USA, POE will endorce visa making passport act as a temp 1 year green card.

Later SSN should arrive in mail within 1 month of arrival, if not then visit SSA office and order one.

Actual green card should arrive 1 to 2 months after arrival.

does it matter what airport we enter through? Ill do a full time line from my records after this wedding planning is over.

Any POE is fine, can be by Air, Land or by Sea.

Note if flight goes through Canada, you may be required to have a transit visa for Canada.

WOW April was an active month! This thread made it to 5 pages!

Any last comments?