just to add

please print this out and take with you to the civil surgeon.

let them know you are not stupid.

===================================================

Page 4 question #2 from I-693 instructions

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fianc¨¦e or a K2 of a K-1 fiancee or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a US citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S.

Citizen and

c. you received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

a. you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your form I-485, Application to register permanent residence or adjust status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical

examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a class a medical condition, or if you did have a class a medical condition,

you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

b. Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must

Show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed

And included as part of the original. Overseas medical examination, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In the case, you are not required to submit PART 1 information about you, PART 2, the

Vaccination chart and PART 5, the Civil surgeon¡¯s certification, of form I-693

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WRITE TO THEIR LOCAL USCIS FEILD OFFICE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY CIVIL SURGEON ABUSING PEOPLES RIGHTS.

WITH THE PAGE 4 QUESTION 2 OF THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE I-693

READ IT YOURSELF TOO.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS AN EMAIL I SENT TO THE USICS GOVERNMENT OFFICE

WITH THE REPLY I GOT FROM THEM

BOB LASSON to SCOPSSCATA

show details 6:31 PM (16 hours ago)

Who or where do I file a complaint about a civil surgeon that will not

follow the rules of the instructions of the I-693 form.

Dr. Julio c. Cuadra

3010 South Harvard

Tulsa, oklahoma 74105

918-742-5617

We went to him to have our vaccinations transcribed and he refused

to do that without giving a full medical exam $150.00 each for wife & daughter.

Which they just had one March 25th 2010 in china at the US Embassy's request

before issuing our visas March 26th 2010.

I am a member of two different web sites that help people with K1, K2 and K3 & K4 applications

all the way through citizenship.

This problem with civil surgeons ripping people off with false reasons is a nation wide problem now.

they are taking advantage of people that don't know their rights.

Some one needs to put a control on this problem.

SCOPSSCATA to me

show details June 1 2010 9:12 AM

You need to write a letter to the following office:

USCIS Field Office

4400 Southwest 44th Street

Suite A

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73119

District Directors approve Civil Surgeons so the people at the office above should be able to help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Xueshan and I got the vaccinations transcribed this past week. We had an appointment with a doctor 10 minutes from where we live who gave us so much grief about all the "extra" things we would need that we left without getting a signature or paying anything. It is unfortunate because it was a convenient location. His charge was going to be $50 (others quoted $150 or more), but I am upset because I called first and asked them if they would do a vaccination record transcription only (NO EXAM!) and they said yes. I was very clear. And, of the 20 doctors in the Seattle area he was not the cheapest but he agreed to do only the part we needed. Frustrating to have an appointment and then be told he wouldn't do it once we got there. He said we would need another exam, and other vaccinations, and TB shots, ect. The charge would have been nearer to $500. His name is Dr. Robert A. Reid at 12911 120th Ave. NE, in Kirkland, Washington.

So, we went to the cheapest office for $35 in Kent, Washington. Dr. Efren R. Caratao at Easthill Medical Clinic. We were treated nicely, it was exactly what we were told on the phone; Quick, painless, signature on the paper, done. We heartily recommend this doctor/office.

Hope this saves someone else in the Seattle area from problems.

-mGolden

• 2 weeks later...

K1 visa entry, needed vaccinations.

We went to:

Dr. Inna Park, Forest Park Medical Clinic, Inc.

1034 South Brentwood Boulevard, Suite 1250, St. Louis, MO 63117

(314) 367-6600

Fee for I-693 transcription $50

Fee for MMR & TdT vaccinations: $85 (she didn't require Varicella, just asked if Yi ever had chickenpox and then wrote "Age 4" on the form)

It is a clinic, so it is not warm and cozy like some offices, but we got what we needed same day. Nice staff.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to:

(314) 367-6600

Fee for MMR & TdT vaccinations: $85 (she didn't require Varicella, just asked if Yi ever had chickenpox and then wrote "Age 4" on the form)

It is a clinic, so it is not warm and cozy like some offices, but we got what we needed same day. Nice staff.

Neither good or bad, the additional vaccinations were not needed for the I-693, had to be vaccinated in China for a K-Visa. Transcription fee is in line.

We went to:

(314) 367-6600

Neither good or bad, the additional vaccinations were not needed for the I-693, had to be vaccinated in China for a K-Visa. Transcription fee is in line.

I don't think that there were any additional, non needed vaccinations in garfield's case because getting the vaccinations done in China prior to the issuance of a K-1 visa is not necessary - they just need to be done prior to AOS.

I don't think that there were any additional, non needed vaccinations in garfield's case because getting the vaccinations done in China prior to the issuance of a K-1 visa is not necessary - they just need to be done prior to AOS.

Yep correction noted, My wife got vaccinations done in China, K-1 needs medical done, but vaccinations overseas is optional until filing AOS.

So in this case I will say that doctor in St Louis is a GOOD one fees not unreasonable!

• 1 month later...

don't go to this Civil Surgeon,

MICHAEL MEHRFAR, 720 ROCKAWAY AVE

He is not a doctor. He is a cheater. He will rob your money without doing your I 963 in proper way. He asked you to do unnecessary medical exam and unnecessary vaccination by force and he will charge you $300.

NEVER GO TO THIS CS , MICHALE MEHRFAR. HE IS A BIG CHEATER. The worst CS I have ever seen.

David Goswa

I wonder who hit the report button, and how to move this post back to the thread it came from?

naing is new and probably hit the report button.

The intention of the thread is to name the good, bad, and ugly US civil surgeons.

This one qualifies as an Ugly one.

Needed better details:

11212 - Brooklyn, NY

• Dr. Michael Mehrfar
    720 Rockaway Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
    (718) 345-5019

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to post my experience in Oklahoma City.

The following doctor/clinic was GREAT. They took about 20-30 minutes max and transfered everything without trying to talk us into an extra exam or unnecessary vaccinations. They weren't clear on whether she needed boosters or not, but they said that everything should be good to go. They only take walk-ins. We didn't even have to see the doctor.

Dr. James Reeves, Concentra Medical Center

200 Quadrum Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73108

(405) 942-8767

Comment on phone: *NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY* AVAILABLE TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY 8-3

I called this office and when I asked about the vaccination transfered, they told me a full-exam was necessary even though we had already had one. They said, ¡°We only do the whole 9 yards or none of it.¡± I replied, ¡°May I ask why?¡± They said, "Because we don¡¯t make nothin¡¯ on it. You can try another location that might do that....but we don't...bye"

Dr. C. Allen Moore AND Dr. John Elllis, Vista Medical Center

3700 South Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73109

(405) 634-2929

^^^^^Don't use^^^^^^^^

• 5 months later...

Do Not See This Civil Surgeon!

I am in Phoenix and we went to see this guy:

DR. Larry Sobel

SOBEL FAMILY MEDICINE & PHYSICAL THERAPY

4550 E. Bell Road

Suite 114

Phoenix, AZ 85032

The total cost for the exam was $240. This included the needed vaccinations. LeiLei needed a whole new exam due to being over a year removed from the last exam in China. She failed her TB test and was diagnosed with Class B latent TB. The Doc said everything was fine as long as she took the meds. We received the exam packet for USCIS to open. Last Friday we received an RFE due the the Civl Surgeon not signing the I-693. I called them yesterday to find out why. They told me that since she has TB they cannot sign the documents.

I spent all day yesterday researching and found that in the technical instructions for giving immigration exams in the TB section that in fact they should have signed it. Today, I went down there and showed them that they were wrong (which they didn't like at all!) and was told that they would sign the I-693 but they didn't feel comfortable doing it. Sounds like these guys need some retraining!

These people were rude and treated my wife like dirt! Do Not Go Here!

DR. Larry Sobel

4550 E. Bell Road

Suite 114

Phoenix, AZ 85032

The total cost for the exam was $240. This included the needed vaccinations. LeiLei needed a whole new exam due to being over a year removed from the last exam in China. She failed her TB test and was diagnosed with Class B latent TB. The Doc said everything was fine as long as she took the meds. We received the exam packet for USCIS to open. Last Friday we received an RFE due the the Civl Surgeon not signing the I-693. I called them yesterday to find out why. They told me that since she has TB they cannot sign the documents.

I spent all day yesterday researching and found that in the technical instructions for giving immigration exams in the TB section that in fact they should have signed it. Today, I went down there and showed them that they were wrong (which they didn't like at all!) and was told that they would sign the I-693 but they didn't feel comfortable doing it. Sounds like these guys need some retraining!

$240 is typical of a full medical + vaccinations, it is actually on the low side I think, however it sounds like they were idiots with regard the TB testing, and refusal to sign off on the I-693.

$240 is typical of a full medical + vaccinations, it is actually on the low side I think, however it sounds like they were idiots with regard the TB testing, and refusal to sign off on the I-693.

You right about the cost. It was good. But the office girls there are very rude and they don't know the proper procedures. That is why I say nay!

EDIT: I even got them to charge my insurance for the vaccinations.

Edited by Meelo (see edit history)

DR. Larry Sobel

4550 E. Bell Road

Suite 114

Phoenix, AZ 85032

Be aware of false positives - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25612-aos-physical/page__view__findpost__p__313656

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tuberculosis/DS00372/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis

Thanks for the heads up. Here is what happened:

PPD was positive. Chest X-ray was negative. Quantiferon Gold test was positive. Quantiferon test is the new blood test that is done to diagnose TB. It knows the difference from the vaccine they get in China and if they were actually exposed to TB. Lao po has latent TB because she was exposed to it :-(

Did lots of research on this and found that this test is new and is actually included in the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons.

Thanks for the heads up. Here is what happened:

PPD was positive. Chest X-ray was negative. Quantiferon Gold test was positive. Quantiferon test is the new blood test that is done to diagnose TB. It knows the difference from the vaccine they get in China and if they were actually exposed to TB. Lao po has latent TB because she was exposed to it :-(

Did lots of research on this and found that this test is new and is actually included in the Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons.

An interesting update Oct., 2009 -

To fulfill the requirement of testing for cell-mediated immunity to TB, civil surgeons may now administer an interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) or a TST. Interferon gamma release assays are blood tests that measure a component of cell-mediated immune reactivity to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in fresh whole blood. CDC allows the use of QuantiFERON-TB Gold®, QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In Tube (QFT-G IT), and T-SPOT®. The civil surgeon should administer only one type of test for cell-mediated immunity (TST, QuantiFERON-TB Gold®, QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In Tube [QFT-G IT], or T-SPOT®) to each applicant.

http://www.cdc.gov/i...ron_option.html

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)