I'm about to mail off our I-130 for the wife and I. However, i am curious as to how much documentation is too much... I have printed the majority of emails and chats and that alone is about 1" - 2" each. Plus all of the other relevant documentation, to include the following: (sorry about this but as you know the process is long enough without missing something, so here goes my laundry list: (again sorry)

• Cover Letter
  • I-130 Application with assocated Supplement pages
  • G325a & Passport Photo Petitioner (me)
  • G325a & Passport Photo Beneficiary (wife)
  • copy of my birth certificate, front and back
  • copy of my us passport pages showing entry exit into China
  • all receipts from everything we bought in Guangzhou and Nanning
  • all receipts from wedding party
  • all receipts from wedding registration - legal ceremony
  • boarding passes for all flights domestic and international flights
  • Marriage Certificate - copy
  • Marriage Certificate Translation - copy
  • copy of my divorce Decree
  • Utility bills with wife's name on them
  • Life Insurance Policy with wifes name as beneficiary
  • Copy of New Deed to House with wife's name on it.
  • copies of phone bills
  • copies of chats
  • copies of marriage ceremonoy photos
  • copies of marriage party photos
  • copies of general photos'
  • we both also wrote a letter, similary to the letter of intent for a I-129F but stating the facts of our relationship. How we meet and how we decided to get married. A short narrative with mine being notarized. the wife did not get her's notarized in Guangzhou. Total of 3 pages.

So what Have i Missed, oh yeah check made payable to the "US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY"

But as I said before you add all of this up and it is about a total of 4.5" inches of paper.. You think USCIS will freak out ?? Then we are going to OPTIN for the "Electronic Processing" procedure. At which time i can email them about 4gb of Documents, photos and even our wedding video. That's a good question. how about sending them a DVD of our wedding?

Just trying to "Front Load" this as much as possible without being irritating. I would greatly appreciate a "second set of eyes" to see if i have all things necessary before i send this off.

Thank You for your Help
Dan & Yonghua

Was your wife formerly married? If so then information about her former marriage required, and information about former spouse.

In your case the consulate may want information about your former spouse, (Current contact information and perhaps SSN) Evolution of relationship, what happened with prior marriage up to how you met current wife. Documentation covering courtship with current wife, noting length of courtship. (Short time from prior divorce to marriage is a red-flag).

Do not include ALL emails, just a few samples from each month, also do this with chats. (Include a log of emails, and chats).

As for emailing stuff to NVC at that time, keep it simple and email them only what they ask for, nothing more. Front loading involves USCIS, NOT NVC.

Was your wife formerly married? If so then information about her former marriage required, and information about former spouse.

In your case the consulate may want information about your former spouse, (Current contact information and perhaps SSN) Evolution of relationship, what happened with prior marriage up to how you met current wife. Documentation covering courtship with current wife, noting length of courtship. (Short time from prior divorce to marriage is a red-flag).

Do not include ALL emails, just a few samples from each month, also do this with chats. (Include a log of emails, and chats).

As for emailing stuff to NVC at that time, keep it simple and email them only what they ask for, nothing more. Front loading involves USCIS, NOT NVC.

Wife was never married before. You commented that the "Consulate" may want to know about my ex-wife. So, do I need to put anything in the I-130 Packet about the ex-wife? Also, when you mean "documentation covering courtship with my wife" All we have are the emails, phone bills & Chat logs. Good Enough? Time from my divorce to marriage is over 1.6 years, not yet two years. Two years would be June of this year. Red Flag? How do you think they few that time frame? Finally, everything else look ok?

Thank You

Wife was never married before. You commented that the "Consulate" may want to know about my ex-wife. So, do I need to put anything in the I-130 Packet about the ex-wife? Also, when you mean "documentation covering courtship with my wife" All we have are the emails, phone bills & Chat logs. Good Enough? Time from my divorce to marriage is over 1.6 years, not yet two years. Two years would be June of this year. Red Flag? How do you think they few that time frame? Finally, everything else look ok?

Thank You

Logs of Emails? like a outline document or just a statement or a print out of a screen with all chat session... ?? Confused on this one..

Thank You

Logs of Emails? like a outline document or just a statement or a print out of a screen with all chat session... ?? Confused on this one..

1.6 years is fine, I have seen people with marriages that happened within months after a divorce have problems, very short courtship is a red-flag.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35080

As for logs it is the list of emails displayed by your email application, not the content of the emails them selves, I did screen prints of my Skype, and Yahoo messenger's logs and pasted them into a word document, and printed this out. In my case I never Called China using my phone, WAY TOO Expensive, I used Skype for voice communications and the Logs and a note explaining that we always used Skype to talk was fine by USCIS and the consulate.

What front loading is about is exposing any red-flags to USCIS and evidence why the red-flag is not an issue. The reasoning is that if USCIS see the red-flag, and approves the petition, the consulate will not use this as a reason to deny.

Thank You

1.6 years is fine, I have seen people with marriages that happened within months after a divorce have problems, very short courtship is a red-flag.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35080

As for logs it is the list of emails displayed by your email application, not the content of the emails them selves, I did screen prints of my Skype, and Yahoo messenger's logs and pasted them into a word document, and printed this out. In my case I never Called China using my phone, WAY TOO Expensive, I used Skype for voice communications and the Logs and a note explaining that we always used Skype to talk was fine by USCIS and the consulate.

What front loading is about is exposing any red-flags to USCIS and evidence why the red-flag is not an issue. The reasoning is that if USCIS see the red-flag, and approves the petition, the consulate will not use this as a reason to deny.

Thanks again, just got done doing the screen shots. 15 pages for emails and 4 pages for chat sessions and 15 pages of phone bills... I hope they do not get upset with so much paper... But I will scale back the amount of actually emails and chat sessions logs. I guess other than that i did edited my letter about our relationship and put some information in there as to when and why the ex-wife wanted a divorce and now i do not know her SSN or her place of residence. So, i guess in the end, i need to ask: You think this is a good list and correct list of items to send? Friday I am going to the post office with this all.. Oh, finally. confirm... Personal Check made out to "US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY" correct?

Dan

Thanks again, just got done doing the screen shots. 15 pages for emails and 4 pages for chat sessions and 15 pages of phone bills... I hope they do not get upset with so much paper... But I will scale back the amount of actually emails and chat sessions logs. I guess other than that i did edited my letter about our relationship and put some information in there as to when and why the ex-wife wanted a divorce and now i do not know her SSN or her place of residence. So, i guess in the end, i need to ask: You think this is a good list and correct list of items to send? Friday I am going to the post office with this all.. Oh, finally. confirm... Personal Check made out to "US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY" correct?

Dan

Her SSN you may find on a past IRS return if you filed jointly. As for residence, you are sure you cannot find that out?

As for bonafides of marriage, the Deed from home and Life Insurance should do it.

You probably can trim down the emails and chats to just one or two per month.

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security,

A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.

B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.

C. If you live outside the United States, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf (Page 4)

Dan

Her SSN you may find on a past IRS return if you filed jointly. As for residence, you are sure you cannot find that out?

As for bonafides of marriage, the Deed from home and Life Insurance should do it.

You probably can trim down the emails and chats to just one or two per month.

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security,

A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.

B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.

C. If you live outside the United States, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf (Page 4)

Really think SSN Is necessary? just curious as to why they would need that? Would it be helpful to give it to them to speed the process ?

Dan

Really think SSN Is necessary? just curious as to why they would need that? Would it be helpful to give it to them to speed the process ?

Dan

For some reason this does come up at the consulate when they throw blue-slips for an evolution of relationship letter, they have asked for address and SSN of the EX, in a hand written letter of evolution.

Dan

For some reason this does come up at the consulate when they throw blue-slips for an evolution of relationship letter, they have asked for address and SSN of the EX, in a hand written letter of evolution.

I've found it and put it in the letter i have written. If possible can i email you or pm you my letter and let me know what you think? it would be of great help.

thanks Dan

Dan I think you have done a great job of putting your package together. I don't think that the SS# for your ex is necessary. It usually comes up when the VO is questioning the bonifides of the marriage, but you have so much other proof of that that the additional SS# seems like overkill.

I agree with the DanN that you can just send in a sample of your emails and chats, along with logs. The rule of thumb is to provide adequate information so that a reasonable person will be able to make a reasoned decision as to its acceptability.

Best of Luck

Dan I think you have done a great job of putting your package together. I don't think that the SS# for your ex is necessary. It usually comes up when the VO is questioning the bonifides of the marriage, but you have so much other proof of that that the additional SS# seems like overkill.

I agree with the DanN that you can just send in a sample of your emails and chats, along with logs. The rule of thumb is to provide adequate information so that a reasonable person will be able to make a reasoned decision as to its acceptability.

Best of Luck

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I am just nervous about getting everything just right. I know that they, the US Government and the US Consulate in Guangzhou, can be picky. So my nerves are going a mile a minute. Today i will also have a copy of passport notarized with my visa pages from China. Over kill again, yes. But I'd rather have more than enough and when it comes to getting documents notarized, i'll get everyone notarized if necessary. So, lastly to finalize "construction" eliminate a lot of the printed chat's and emails. Plus I've just wrote up a "summary" of emails and chats with screen shots of all chat session logs from Yahoo and screen shots from my email with all emails sent and received. Thanks again

Dan

Best of Luck

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I am just nervous about getting everything just right. I know that they, the US Government and the US Consulate in Guangzhou, can be picky. So my nerves are going a mile a minute. Today i will also have a copy of passport notarized with my visa pages from China. Over kill again, yes. But I'd rather have more than enough and when it comes to getting documents notarized, i'll get everyone notarized if necessary. So, lastly to finalize "construction" eliminate a lot of the printed chat's and emails. Plus I've just wrote up a "summary" of emails and chats with screen shots of all chat session logs from Yahoo and screen shots from my email with all emails sent and received. Thanks again

Dan

You seem to have it covered really well Dan. Good luck at the interview. You guys should be just fine at her interview.

Now, let me ask the gang...er...ah usual culprits. Do you think my 187 pages of phone calls, 2,016 pages of e-mails, 1,897 photos, proof of meeting, knowing each other, and surviving 4 years before this application, and 211 letters testifying to our bonafide marriage will be enough for the friendly folks in Guangzhou? :lol:

While I realize the USCIS has already approved us twice, before we were even married, and all I really need to send them is the I-130 and a couple of photo, e-mails, and photos for our IR-1 application...I want to HEAVILY front load our case for the DOS...something it will take SUPERMAN his owndamnself to carry in for them to look at.

tsap seui

Swamped in paperwork in Pennsyltucky

[*]all receipts from everything we bought in Guangzhou and Nanning

[*]all receipts from wedding party

[*]all receipts from wedding registration - legal ceremony

I personally would not send receipts for this stuff. but that's me. good luck.

If I can ask, why you would not send these particular receipts? Just Wondering.

Dan