AOS Physical

Leiqin received notice that she needed to get some sort of medical exam for her AOS. We went to the appointed medical center in Hollywood last Saturday where they stuck her with 3 needles and put a small, round patch on her forearm and told her not to bathe that night.

I am trying to determine what the patch is. It isn't a TB test, I'm sure. From various searches it may be something to check her reaction to various viruses. The thing is, yesterday the area where the patch was on her forearm a very red spot started swelling and seemed to have a few tiny blisters on it. Today it is red and still swollen (only in the area where the 1" patch was).

Anyone know what this test is and what her reaction means?

We are to return next Saturday to pick up her sealed medical package that we will mail back to USCIS with some additional papers.

This is a new one on me Dennis. We certainly had to do no such thing for our AOS. Perhaps it has something to do with her asylum status she originally filed under. It sounds like they are testing to see if she has had some particular type of vaccination.

This is a new one on me Dennis. We certainly had to do no such thing for our AOS. Perhaps it has something to do with her asylum status she originally filed under. It sounds like they are testing to see if she has had some particular type of vaccination.

Actually, she has two I485's pending. And, the tests were for the asylum status. Our attorney said to let both filing status continue without cancelling the asylum status, as that just might throw a monkey wrench into the fray. We have notified USCIS that this is what we plan and that whichever reaches fruition the other would be cancelled. I think Don was right when he suggested that she not file for AP, as she might have difficulty returning.

Anyway, the doctor called and wants to see her tomorrow. :coolthumb:

I never heard of a patch test either. Let us know what the doctor tells you tomorrow.

Here you go, Don...

The immigration doctor wrote a prescription to have Leiqin's chest xrayed. She was worried sick all night. Kept asking me if she dies will I continue to take care of her son, Ning. I finally had to tell her to knock that off. She did, but continued to worry. I took her to Hollywood Prespytarian Hospital where her xray was clear. whew...

I continued to worry about her arm, however...a one inch pussy hole with a five inch diameter, red swollen area around it. We just returned from her primary doctor who said that because Leiqin does not have a spleen, her body does not produce antibodies to protect her from invasions of foreign virus'. By the way, the patch introduces virus protean that she was supposed to have been vaccinated against.

Anyway, it was a good thing that I took her to her primary who has her on antibiotics. So, I'll just have to continue to keep an eye on her, as usual.

Guest YOu&Me

it's a TB test for sure. here are some information about this test.

What does the test result mean?

test results by looking at the injection site on your forearm at 48 or 72 hours (in most cases). A positive result will form a red and swollen circle at the site of the injection. The size (diameter) of the swollen raised circle determines whether exposure to TB has occurred. The size that is considered positive varies with the health status and age of the individual. Even when infected, children, the elderly, and patients who are severely immune compromised (such as those with AIDS) may have smaller, delayed, or even negative reactions to the TB skin test.

Negative results may mean that you have not been exposed to TB, that your immune system has not responded to the test, or that it is too early to detect exposure. It takes about 6 weeks after infection before a person demonstrates a positive reaction to the PPD. If your doctor wants to confirm a negative result, he may repeat the TB skin test, or in some cases, perform another type of test called QuantiFERON® - TB Gold test (QFT-G).

Positive results may be due to a latent or active TB infection, or occasionally due to a false positive. Positive results may also be seen in those who have received a BCG (Bacille Calmette-Gu¨¦rin) vaccination. BCG is a vaccine that is not used in the United States but is often routinely administered in other countries that have a higher incidence of TB.

Positive results must be followed up by other tests such as chest X-rays to look for signs of active TB disease. If active TB disease is suspected, AFB cultures may be used to confirm the diagnosis.

Certain types of TB innoculations will also cause a strong false positive in subsequent tests. Ling had a terrible reaction to the CS's injection test. They checked her history and x-rays and said she fine and warned her to not have another test in the future.

I recall reading once that TB innoculations in China are fairly common and can cause a false positive.

Is this test something new for AOS Curt?

It's just a standard test for TB. Ling had no innoculation records from China so the CS gave her what the papers said she needed.

Doesn't sound like a TB test to me. "Three needles"??? The TB test is a single intra dermal injection ... like a bubble under your skin.

That may be just a communication thing. Ling keeps saying "four needles". That's all she says about it now. Three were innoculations and the 4th was the TB test.

Certain types of TB innoculations will also cause a strong false positive in subsequent tests. Ling had a terrible reaction to the CS's injection test. They checked her history and x-rays and said she fine and warned her to not have another test in the future.

That's exactly what Leiqin's primary physician told us today...in the future only have a chest xray, as she will have a violent reaction to any other patch or injection TB test. She went on to say that with each subsequent skin type test she will experience even greater reaction to it.

I will never allow a patch nor another needle TB test to be administered to my wife.

Poor girl, adding insult to injury is all that this process has done for her. :ph34r:

Yeah, boo hoo for me, but she only knows that the immigration folk are putting her through a bit of hell and it's difficult for me to explain any rational for it.